Position Title: Performance Strategist
Reports To: Head of Performance
Location: South Melbourne & Remote
Date: August 2022
WHO WE ARE
We’re JTB Studios. An independent digital development, design and performance marketing agency based in the bustling creative epicentre of South Melbourne, and over 15 years’ experience doing just about anything digital (did we mention we live in a very cool co-working space called Creative Cubes too?).
At JTB, each project is a careful cultivation of innovation, talent and technology. We are a passionate team of creative thinkers and problem solvers, with a flare for all things digital. A highly-skilled bunch of subject matter experts who take the specialist route, as opposed to the generalist one, when it comes to building our agency’s capabilities, products and services. We have a team of award-winning designers, experienced project managers, innovative digital marketers, and agnostic technical developers.
We also pride ourselves on supporting people and fostering a fun and engaging working environment that makes you love to come to work. We focus on developing the individual skills and capabilities of each team member, understanding that no one person is the same, and offer competitive working conditions and experiences [did we mention there’s plenty of office doggos?).
WHAT WE DO
With a cast of amazing clients from a range of diverse industries, including eCommerce, Finance, Property, Fashion and Education, no one day is the same at JTB.
We not only do things like build new websites, scope integrations, develop data warehouses, design new customer portals, strategise new product & market launches, analyse campaigns, write content, and launch ads [let’s take a breath shall we], we also attend innovation conferences, collaborate with our agency partners, write research papers, conduct user experience tests & conversion experiments, speak with our client’s customers, and offer really great restaurant recommendations.
We’re an agency that’s always looking for ways to learn, develop and grow together, both internally as a team of digital thought-leaders and externally alongside our client tribe.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a new Performance Strategist who shares a passion for quality and collaboration to join our expanding team of client engagement specialists. We’re looking for someone who’s ready to take the next step in their career, who’s excited by the opportunity of helping further develop our agency direction and the services, products and value we provide to a cast of amazing clients.
This role is aimed at Performance Strategists at a junior to mid level – all applications welcome.
The Performance Strategist will work within a team environment to deliver best-in-class Account Service & Digital Performance solutions for a range of retained & non-retained clients. This position will work on a broad range of projects with clients from a diverse range of backgrounds, including; digital transformations, company websites, software portals, eCommerce stores, digital products, landing pages, and web and mobile applications.
You will be working within a team of highly skilled digital marketing practitioners and tasked with optimising the above-mentioned project outcomes by providing services such as campaign strategy and direct-to-consumer consulting across several key channels, including: search engine marketing, social media marketing, display & native advertising, search engine optimisation, content marketing, email marketing and more.
- Department Manager
- Department Colleagues
- Design Team
- Project Management Team
- Development Team
- Digital Marketing Team
- 3rd party vendors
- Agency partners
Key Areas of Responsibility (including but not limited to):
- Setup, manage, optimise campaigns via different channels and provide data insights
- Pull together data insights for analysis & analytics, identifying key areas for strategic growth, optimisation and improvements.
- Work with Client Service & Delivery to drive campaign objectives
- Report on key milestones & activities, including campaign performance, tracking and results.
- Foster partnerships with existing and prospective clients.
- Help develop and implement strategic account plans for client growth.
- Help nurture and grow client relationships for retained clients.
- Provide consultative advice and direction for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to overall team culture, performance and outcome success.
- Help define campaign strategy and direct-to-consumer consulting across several key channels, including: search engine marketing, social media marketing, display & native advertising, search engine optimisation, content marketing, email marketing and more.
- Communicate with internal & external Project Managers
- Communicate with our Developers
- Communicate with our Designers
- Work with Clients to drive the best delivered outcome
Required Skills & Attributes
Qualifications & Experience
- 1-3 years agency experience – technical delivery and fulfilment of Google Ads and Social Media Advertising
- Solid record of implementing & executing campaigns & extracting data insights
- Technical proficiency across GA/GTM, CMS, Trello, Jira etc.
- Passion for SEO/SEM and campaign optimisation
- Experience implementing updates on Google Ads Editor
- A passion for digital marketing as a whole including channel identification & activation, data & analytics, and media management.
- A proactive nature; you love generating data insights ready for analysis and the application of next strategic steps
- Ability to effectively manage your client, project and task allocation hours and resourcing commitments.
- Ability to work alongside our project delivery, design and development teams to facilitate delivering outcomes on time and budget. .
- Experience with stakeholder engagement in the ongoing management of technical projects and performance management retainers.
- Confidence and curiosity to provide strategic insight, consulting support and guidance to clients.
- Ability to find a potential problem to solve or opportunity to obtain, versus being given a specified client brief – you are a problem finder not just a problem solver.
- Experience in agile technical projects and active participation in agile ceremonies would also be well received..
Competencies (Personal Attributes/Behaviours)
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate to internal and external stakeholders, with the ability to clearly articulate recommendations & solutions.
- Ability to cross-sell opportunities/services/products with your clients.
- Attention to detail and on time delivery.
- The ability to work efficiently, both independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Due to the nature of the position and industry, there may be a requirement to work outside normal business hours and occasional interstate travel.
- JTB must comply with any public health orders, legislation made by state and territory governments as well as community expectations relevant to our services.
- JTB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages people from all backgrounds to apply.
- JTB acknowledges and respects the privacy of individuals and handles personal information in compliance with Australian Privacy Principles.
This is a full-time position with a preference for a 1–4 week start. If this sounds like a place you’d like to spend a bulk of your time, drop an email to [email protected]